Prep Time:15 min Cook Time: 45 min
Get ready to score big with friends and family with a plate of Moji Masala chicken wings! This marinade is a punch of flavor for little effort. Our recipe uses a chili-free version of our Tandoori-style baked chicken masala so you can go wild with your hot sauce! There will be no leftovers!
1. Bake the wings on a baking or cooling rack so drippings are separated from the meat and the skin can crisp.
2. Go for smaller, less “meaty” wings for a crispier and more flavorful experience.
3. Marinate 4-48 hours for deeper flavor.
3 lbs. chicken wings (drumettes and wingettes), patted dry; air-chilled is preferred.
1/2 cup of your favorite hot sauce. Use a medium heat level hot sauce to balance well with the masala. Cholula Original or Frank’s RedHot Original both taste great.
1 packet MM Game-Time! Wings Masala
Marinade (15 minutes):
1. In a medium-to-large size mixing bowl blend the hot sauce and contents of the masala packet until well incorporated.
2. Add the chicken to the marinade in batches and coat evenly.
Baking (45 minutes):
1. Use middle rack. If your baking/cooling rack is tall use the lower-middle rack. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place rack on a baking sheet. Lay wings side-by-side but not touching. Cover loosely with a piece of foil.
2. Bake for 25 minutes, then remove cover and cook for about 20-25 more minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked with a dark brown, crispy, slightly blistering coat. You can opt to broil for the final 1-2 minutes with the oven door slightly ajar. Make sure to closely monitor the wings while broiling to ensure they don’t dry out or burn.